Friday, December 12, 2008

Fear Everywhere


"Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!" 
                           Thomas Edison

Fear seems to be prevailing these days.  I blame the media.  I don't condemn them, they are doing their job.  Oh no, I don't mean they are doing their job, effectively reporting the news.  I think they are doing their job selling stories. And drama sells!  Have you heard the inflammatory language that I have heard?  Have you witnessed the contradictory statements that the media constructs so as to create Drama.  One day the "recession is soon to be over"  the average recession lasts only 18 months and well we are already 12 months in.  The next day reporters report that it could be 2013 before we are out of this.  Its called tension.  I don't know about you, but I have enough in my life without someone or something construing some. 
 

To top it off, we buy in.  We buy in. . . .and even more so too many are panicking.  This may be the first recession that you may be living through, and who knows maybe it will be a depression.  But it won't be the last.  We can be fearful, and panic or we can be courageous and have faith.  We must learn from our situation and know that the light of God will prevail, regardless of how dark things may be.  

No comments: